Mom woke up worse than yesterday: the chest pain has increased a lot. She took an oxycotin, which helps for the pain, but puts her to sleep. So, she slept most of the day. The nurse practitioner who we love, and the doctor on call at the Kline (who we also love) advocated for Mom to get her lungs drained today, so she did. We are awaiting those biopsy results, which we'll get tomorrow.
Dr. C was notified of the developments and will be involved with the discussions tomorrow.
This rapid deterioration is very upsetting. I'm on the first flight out to Seattle tomorrow morning, though Mom doesn't know it yet-so if you speak with her before I do, please keep it a surprise.