Friday, July 15, 2011

7.15.11

AYNSLEY:
This morning I woke up to a text from Dad correcting one of my earlier posts about Mom's leaking CSF. I said they went via ambulance to urgent care, when in reality, Dad drove and they were fine in the car.

This just got me thinking that I hope all our readers take everything I say with a grain of salt. Clearly, I embellish details. Clearly, I tell lies of omission (like not announcing my pregnancy until 13 weeks, which I maintain was the right thing to do, but I wasn't 100% honest abut everything that was going on in our lives). Clearly, the only truth I'm telling is my truth. We try to give varying voices to the blog, but I selfishly use my daily logs of events as a form of therapy and often don't let other people write. I can only speak from my point of view. To me, Mom sounds better and better each day this week. I don't know if she's physically feeling better and better, but that's my perception. Even when I'm there and spending hours a day with my family, I can't tell you how they are feeling. I can guess, and that's what I communicate through the blog. We get medical reports, but even those need to be taken with a grain of salt. Nothing is definitive. Everything changes all the time.

So, for today, from my perspective, Mom is doing great. I hope that's her perspective too.

No comments:

Post a Comment