Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5.17.11

AYNSLEY:
A couple of days ago, Mom noticed something itching on her right side, on the torso and under her arm. The nurse practitioner took a look today and thought it looked weird, so she called the oncologist. Dr. C. thought it might be another metastasis, so Mom went to have it biopsied today.
I spent the day googling breast cancer rash, which, trust me, isn't that helpful.

We need to wait for the biopsy results. They should take anywhere from 1 to 3 days to come in. In the meantime, I need to stop letting my imagination run away from me (google is not good for this) and consider the facts: Mom felt really good today. She spent some time outside in the sun with a girlfriend, she ate 100% of her dinner last night, she was making jokes about the painkillers they gave her before doing the biopsy...even if this is another metastasis, it's not slowing her down immediately. We still have good days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment