Monday, August 15, 2011

8.15.11

AYNSLEY:
As predicted, today brought hard work. But it was good work: Mom walked with the white cane again today. This is the cane that rolls at the bottom so Mom can feel if there is anything in her path and avoid it; it does not provide any support to her gait or balance. After about a week and a half, she has made considerable strength gains. She said it was difficult and she still struggled for her balance, but that's huge progress. And honestly, she struggled for balance before the week at Overlake, the first time she used the white cane. It's new-of course it's hard.





1 comment:

  1. Please give Flynne my Love. Will you let her know that I moved to San Francisco and am looking for a new job. I plan to visit on my first trip back to Seattle! I have a lot of movies reviews I need to tell her about!

    I miss her!

    Love,
    Nikki Brady

    ReplyDelete