Thursday, August 18, 2011

8.18.11

AYNSLEY:
Mom's new PT assignment is to walk with family members when she's not walking with her therapists. At some point in the next few days, each of us and some close friends will be tested out by the physical therapist to make sure we are capable of walking with her. I love this plan. I love that, despite the setback, Mom is now advancing beyond where she was before the recent surgery. I also love that I'm going to get a lesson in how to assist with Mom walking and then have to prove my competence.

Needless to say, today's PT session was another good one. Mom is constantly working on balance and stability, in addition to strength and endurance.

The weather was also perfect for some afternoon lounging and vitamin D absorption, so Mom hung out in the sunshine for a while this afternoon. I forgot to ask about her swallowing, but I haven't heard it mentioned in a few days, so I'm going to think that no news is good news.

1 comment:

  1. Keep hanging in there, Flynnie!!!!! Love you! Priscilla

    ReplyDelete