Saturday, June 18, 2011

6.18.11

AYNSLEY:
In honor of Father's Day, Gary and I watched Duck Soup tonight, celebrating my dad's borderline obsession with Groucho (I estimate that he has been Groucho for Halloween at least 25 times). When I told Dad we watched it, he got excited, then suggested we watch every other Marx Brothers movie as soon as possible.

It poured all day in Seattle, so the field trip home was postponed. Mom is really looking forward to sitting on the back deck and feeling the sunshine, so it makes sense to visit the house when there's at least a chance of sun. The forecast for tomorrow is nicer than today, so maybe tomorrow.

Mom was feeling well today and I'm sure was happy to have a break from radiation. She never complains about it, but I know the drive back and forth in addition to the treatment are exhausting. Hooray for the weekend.

Happy Father's Day in advance to all you dads out there, especially my very own amazing dad and my wonderful father in law. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. I hope Totally Earl is having a great father's day! Can't wait to hear about the upcoming trip home.

    ReplyDelete